What is Cancer Patient Navigation?
Cancer Patient Navigation helps patients and their families overcome barriers to cancer care by providing individualized assistance to patients, survivors, and families.
What is a Cancer Patient Navigator?
Cancer Patient Navigators can be community or clinic staff trained to:
- Work with your doctor and cancer team to make sure you are aware of services that can help you.
- Help you and you family get information about cancer and your cancer care.
- Guide you to and through the health care system.
- Help you fill out forms and find ways to pay for health care it you don't have insurance.
- Help with transportation and housing.
- Direct you to local agencies who provide support.
- Help you keep track of your doctor visits.
|May 2011 Graduates||February 2011 Graduates|